Gary Lehman, Esq.
Phone: (305) 330-6354
Mr. Gary Lehman handles at The Lehman Law Firm PLLC, the Firm’s Appellate, Commercial Litigation, Construction Law and Litigation, Special Assets, Real Estate Litigation and Estate Planning and Trusts Litigation.
- Lehman’s areas of concentration include banking litigation and banking regulatory issues; construction litigation; mortgage foreclosures; mortgage brokerage litigation; securities litigation; bankruptcy, construction lien law; franchise litigation; residential and commercial landlord-tenant litigation; real property litigation, contract disputes; general commercial matters; and probate litigation matters.
- On behalf on an internet telephone client, Mr. Lehman obtained a Summary Final Judgment defeating a $100 million claim for damages alleged under the Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act.
- He recently won a jury trial on behalf of a financial institution wherein suit was brought to uphold contractual obligations owed to the bank and successfully defending a counterclaim for alleged lending discrimination.
- Lehman was successful in a non-jury trial defending a property owner against a claim for alleged entitlement to a brokerage commission in connection with the sale of commercial real property.
- On behalf of a commercial tenant who had a long term lease, Mr. Lehman obtained a summary final judgment, the court finding that the landlord’s attempt to terminate the lease was premature and wrongful, thus protecting his client’s long term income stream from a subtenant. Mr. Lehman also successfully argued the landlord’s appeal of the summary final judgment in front of the Fourth District Court of Appeals.
- He recently won a non-jury trial on behalf of plaintiff who had her home stolen from her by a relative whom the court found abused his confidential relationship with the plaintiff and imposed a constructive trust on the home returning it to the plaintiff.
- As special counsel in a bankruptcy matter, Mr. Lehman recently recovered on behalf of the trustee $1,000,000 of funds that were misappropriated from the debtor.
- Lehman tried a multimillion dollar probate case involving the defense of a Trustee in a suit brought by a beneficiary. The beneficiary alleged breach of trust and breach of fiduciary duty against the Trustee, but the Trustee was fully exonerated and found to have engaged in no wrongdoing, consistent with his duties as a Trustee.
- Lehman recognized in 2013-2016 by the top legal guide “The Best Lawyers in America,” published by Woodward and White.
Among his accomplishments, Mr. Lehman possesses an encyclopedic knowledge of the law and can handle all facets of any complex commercial litigation matter.
Appellate, Commercial Litigation, Construction Law and Litigation, Estate Planning and Trusts Litigation, Real Estate Litigation, Special Assets.
Areas of Expertise:
Appellate, Commercial Law and Litigation.
Bar Number: 0864714
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida – 1991
- U.S. District Court of Appeals – 2002
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida – 2013
- Columbia University, New York, New York, 1987, B.A. Bachelor of Arts, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- Boston University School of Law, Boston, Massachusetts, 1990, J.D. Juris Doctor